Why You’ll Love This Job
Instructs students in academic subjects and social interaction skills. Plans curriculum and prepares lesson plans and other instructional materials to meet the needs of each individual student that include physical, emotional, and educational levels of development. Promotes Tennessee state learning standards through well planned lessons which compliment students individual learning styles. Confers with parents/legal guardian, administrators, support service providers, and social workers to develop and implement and Individual Educational Plan (IEP) for each student.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Plans curriculum, lesson plans along with other instructional materials to meet individual needs of each student.
- Completes all lesson plans in a timely and efficient manner.
- Confers with parents, administrators, testing specialists, social workers to develop and implement individual education plan (IEP) for each student.
- Instructs students in academic subjects and social interaction skills.
- Observes students for signs of disruptive behaviors such as violence, verbal outbursts, and episodes of destructiveness; seeks appropriate support for the students.
- Teaches socially acceptable school behavior employing Therapeutic Interventions.
- Enhances creative thoughts of the students and promotes a desire to learn.
- Communicates with other teachers and staff members to plan programs designed to promote educational, physical, and social development of students.
- Completes report cards in a timely manner.
- Performs additional duties as needed.
- Attends scheduled/required staff meetings and trainings.
- Education and Experience: Bachelors Degree in Education from a four (4) year college or University; one to two years experience working in a special education setting preferred.
- Certifications & Licenses: State Teacher Certification; Type 10 SED Certification; CPR/First Aid Certification; Valid State driver’s license in good standing.
- Other Requirements: TB (PPD) test within three (3) months of hire and every two (2) years thereafter.
- Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of appropriate educational needs for all ages of students. Ability to identify such needs and incorporate needs into the students IEP. Ability to develop therapeutic relationships with residents and families. Skill in preparing and maintaining appropriate education records according to policy and State regulations/standards. Knowledge of appropriate interventions with students.
Type: Full Time (Salaried)
Job ID: 34455