Why You’ll Love This Job
Advance your career to a whole new level from the comfort of your own home, providing much-needed healthcare services to underserved communities via state-of-the-art tele-video technology, as a Nurse Practitioner (NP) with MediTelecare, the nation’s largest telehealth company!
In this exciting Nurse Practitioner (NP) – role, you will enjoy job autonomy while also being a vital member of a supportive and capable team that will help you pave a path to a successful and bright future. Here, your input and ideas are welcomed and will make an immeasurable difference, helping shape the future of our company and the industry as a whole. As part of the MediTelecare family, you will receive an attractive, competitive hourly wage as well as a comprehensive benefits package.
Take that important step up in your career! Apply for MediTelecare’s Nurse Practitioner (NP) job opening today!
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct live and interactive clinical assessments of patients, providing treatment protocols, prescribing or recommending behavioral medications and providing medication management from your home office via tele-video technologies
- Work closely with our collaborating psychiatrists where required by state law or independently but within an interdisciplinary team including other nurse practitioners, psychologists, clinical pharmacists and physicians
- Complete patient notes in our Electronic Health Records system
- Virtually provide in-service education at facilities; participate in staff meetings as needed
- Provide consultation to facility staff on nursing practice and psychopharmacology including writing orders for medications, as appropriate
- Participate in case reviews, consultations and utilization review
- Respond to urgent calls from the facility and facilitate problem-solving
- Stay current on telehealth issues and legislation
- Advanced practice nursing degree from an accredited university
- Valid NP license for the state in which you practice or in the process of obtaining it (may be asked to obtain multi-state licensure)
- State-controlled substance license or in the process of obtaining it; DEA certificate or in the process of obtaining it
- Hold a collaborative agreement or attestation with physician in accordance with the regulations of the state in which you practice
- Able to meet the credentialing requirements of MediTelecare and your assigned facilities
- Able to become credentialed with Medicare and Medicaid, and other payers as necessary
- Geriatric and/or psychiatric experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work on a computer using the Internet, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel and MediTelecare’s Electronic Health Record system
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 32098