Do you have a passion to provide meaningful contributions to children, to family, and to the community? Would you like to be part of an organization whose vision is to ensure all children healthy, all families thriving, and all communities strong? If so, Thompson has an opportunity for you!
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Turning Point Academy (TPA) Care Specialist! As a TPA Care Specialist is to provide services outlined in the contract between Charlotte Mecklenburg County (CMS) Schools and Thompson CFF. These services include referrals to individual and group therapy, general and crisis support to school setting, and co-facilitation of parent engagement and group therapy.
Why You’ll Love This Job…
Thompson Child & Family Focus is the leading provider of clinical and prevention services for children and families across the Carolinas and Florida. The Charlotte, NC-based, nationally accredited nonprofit agency empowers children and families through therapy, education, and prevention-based care. Thompson has multiple campuses specializing in clinical and behavioral treatment, developmental education, and proactive care.
We offers a competitive benefits package to eligible employees, including:
- Health Benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance options)
- 401K Retirement
- Paid Time Off
- Multiple pathways for upward mobility within the agency
- High quality technology for staff including iPhones, Tablets & Laptops
- Performance based bonuses
- Paid Time Off specific for Volunteerism in the community
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Overview of Responsibilities:
The Care Specialist will adhere to all provisions within the CMS / TCFF contract, including:
- Provide direct behavioral support to individual students.
- Attending relevant meetings for individual students.
- Assist in the development/coordination or implementation of behavior interventions and behavior management plans.
- Offer verbal de-escalation support and alternative coping strategies when students are removed from the classroom to prevent reoccurrence, and provide crisis support and intervention.
- Participate in planning and implementation of behavior interventions such as identification of triggers, practicing replacement behaviors, etc.
- Assist with data collection, functional behavior assessment, and behavior plan implementation; and
- Participate in appropriate professional development
- Bachelor degree in Human Service or related field
- Experience in related population preferred
- Must have a valid North Carolina Driver License
Apply today at: https://thompsoncffjobs.com/pro
Thompson is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 110877