Why You’ll Love This Job
The Training Manager is responsible for directing, planning and implementing the training program. Also, takes the lead with staff training and personnel development.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates all staff training in an organized manner that minimizes disruption to institutional operations.
- Provides formal evaluation of all training activities.
- Participates in developing education objectives for staff.
- Ensures that staff receives training consistent with the needs of their job classifications and pertinent to their work.
- Conducts competency testing.
- Coordinates annual training needs assessment.
- Maintains contact with various correctional organizations to ensure training information is current.
- Establishes a system for recognition of completion of training.
- Establishes a system for review of training indicators, i.e., incident reports, personnel actions, and complaints.
- Establishes and monitors training for all volunteers assigned to the facility.
- Prepares monthly reports on progress and additional program needs for the Facility Administrator, Corporate Office and the Contracting Authority.
- Adheres to the policy and practice concerning issues of creation, editing, transmission, storage and disposition of all Protected Health Information (PHI) of Sequel Youth & Family Youth Services.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Education: Associate’s degree or two years business experience.
- Experience: Experience in teaching adult education courses. Prior experience in a corrections or detention facility preferred. Two (2) years of experience as an instructor in corrections or law enforcement may be substituted for one year of education. Must have verifiable experience in the design and supervision of training programs.
- Computer Skills: Basic computer skills, including usage of email, Internet Explorer, and print documents.
- Other Requirements: Fluent in the English language to interact with governing bodies, administration and the community both in person and over the phone
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 32021