Why You’ll Love This Job
United Teletech Financial is a not-for-profit financial cooperative serving our members and their families since 1967. Originally chartered to serve the needs of Bell Labs employees, membership to United Teletech Financial is now open to any person who lives, works, worships, attends school or volunteers in Monmouth and Ocean counties and portions of central Middlesex County.
As a financial cooperative, United Teletech Financial offers many of the same services and products as banks, with one significant difference – we’re owned by our members. That means our earnings go right back to our membership in the form of better rates, fewer fees, and extra services!
We have earned our certification badge as a Great Place to Work – 4 years running!
The Universal Associate primary focus is on the sales results of the retail branch:
- Meet the branch and individual goal for new members
- Meet the branch and individual goal for new Checking accounts
- Meet the branch goal and individual goal for electronic services
- Support both lending and investment & retirement services through referrals and meet branch and individual goals for creating such business opportunities
The Universal Associate also has operational retail branch responsibility:
- Assisting members with account management
- Complete member transactions
- Provide other financial services as needed
- Maintaining accurate records and thorough handling of all monies assigned
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Consistently achieve or exceed performance goals related to referrals, cross sales and accuracy.
Proficient in branch operations, including branch security and robbery prevention practices.
Execute all sales, servicing and banking transactions accurately; following all compliance and security procedures and will balance cash drawer within balancing guidelines.
Maintain a proficient knowledge of all credit union products and services as well as industry trends and benchmarks, and products and services offered by the competition.Act as Greeter, educating and transitioning members to use kiosks where appropriate.
Effectively handle teller transactions.
Open and service new and existing accounts, ability to enter credit card applications as needed.
Perform other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate possesses:
Minimum of one year of cash handling experience
Minimum of one year experience of sales or sales related position
Associates degree or high school diploma or with three years progressively responsible job experience
Must be professional in appearance, upbeat, energetic, dependable, able to take initiative, and take pride in work
Strong commitment to provide excellent customer service with a “whatever it takes” attitude.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Demonstrates excellent phone rapport.
Possesses strong organizational skills with great attention to detail.
Working knowledge of “money and banking” concepts
Flexibility and knowledge to:
Work at other branches as needed.
Work various hours as needed, including Saturdays and some evenings.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws/regulatory requirements as related to functional areas including Truth in Savings, Reg E, Reg D, Reg CC, UCC , OFAC, and Bank Secrecy Act. Fraud prevention and detection procedures as well as internal control and risk mitigation techniques.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 98639