Why You’ll Love This Job
The Utilities (Wastewater) Engineer provides technical support for wastewater treatment plant operations, incineration of process and wastewater sludge, filtered water plant, and Monomers cooling tower operations.
Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is a global leader in the production of PTA (Terephthalic Acid), PET (Polyethylene Terephthalate) Resins, PET Recycling (rPET), and Specialty Polymers. This integrated business services customers all over the world using its global network of manufacturing entities within the Alpek Polyester umbrella. We are committed to improving people’s lives through our products, innovations, and a commitment to sustainability and protecting the environment.
Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is headquartered in Charlotte, NC with manufacturing facilities in the Carolinas, Mississippi, Indiana, and Pennsylvania.
Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is a division of Alpek, the petrochemicals and synthetic fibers business group of Alfa, S.A.B. de C.V., one of Mexico’s largest corporations.
Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is subject to US Department of Commerce export regulations and thus must hire individuals who meet national security requirements. Interested applicants (or temporary employees) must meet eligibility requirements. Alpek Polyester USA, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Utilities Engineer for Wastewater, Incineration, Filtered Water, Cooling Tower Water, and Environmental Compliance will have the following responsibilities for the CA – Columbia (Gaston, SC) facility:
- Provide technical support for wastewater treatment plant operations, incineration of process and wastewater sludge, filtered water plant, and Monomers cooling tower operations.
- This individual will also be responsible for wastewater and incineration environmental compliance including generation of reports, water treatment chemicals used in all of these operating areas, and supervision of two environmental operators.
- Monitoring of these operations by reviewing trends, log sheets, discussing operations issues in these areas with the department manager, shift operations, and the environmental operators.
- Approval of planned organic chemical discharges such as draining vessels and working with operations on the allowed amounts and timing of releases to wastewater treatment.
- Managing of capital projects in these areas and working with other department management at staff and team manager meetings on department operations issues.
- It is expected that an “A” SC Biological Wastewater License will be obtained within a reasonable period of time.
- B.S in Mechanical, Chemical or other related engineering
- 0 – 10 years’ experience
- Experience in a manufacturing facility is a plus
- Experience with utilities systems preferred
- Results oriented, process driven team leader with exceptional organizational skills.
- Strong safety background – Process Safety Management experience is a plus
- Proficiency in reading and understanding technical manuals and engineering documentation
- Proven ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively
- Strong communication/interpersonal skills
- Strong computer skills – Microsoft Office Suite required
- Experience with SAP and Distributive Control Systems a plus
- Able to travel up to 10% as needed
Type: Full Time (Salaried)
Job ID: 113715