Why You’ll Love This Job
Los Angeles Vascular Center is a premier outpatient surgical facility committed to providing the highest quality surgical care. We are looking for a motivated Vascular Ultrasound Technologist to join our team. This position is part time Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursdays. Initial training will be conducted in Irvine, CA.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties and responsibilities generally reflect the expectations of this position but are not intended to be all inclusive
- Must have the ability, skill-set, qualifications, education, and licensure that are required for all the responsibilities this position must cover.
- Must excel in communication (written & verbal), customer service and can work independently or as part of a team.
- Must excel in prioritization, organization and multi-tasking while demonstrating attention to detail and follow through.
- Demonstrate proficiency of all duties within the Scope of Practice for licensure.
- Implement orders and treatment plan components as directed by
- Prepare patients for radiological procedures following established process for patient care and safety.
- Perform ultrasound examination(s) and demonstrate technical knowledge of cross-sectional human anatomy, physiology, pathology. physical principals and instrumentation.
- Prepare patients for radiological procedures following established process for patient care
- Perform ultrasound exam knowledge of cross-section
- Previous experience or training in a Cardiovascular Lab or OR department.
(Education, licenses, certifications, and experience required to fulfill the essential duties, include computer skills as required)
- RVT License
- Certification of school
- Two (2) year minimum experience in Ultrasound required.
ESSENTIAL BEHAVIORS, SKILLS, AND ATITUDES REQUIRED FOR SUCCESS IN THIS POSITION
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills including ability to listen attentively and to communicate information clearly and effectively
- Demonstrated interpersonal, collaborative, and relationship-building skills; ability to interact positively with teammates at all levels
- Demonstrated strengths in organizational, attention to detail, follow through, analytical, reasoning, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated time management skills and ability to handle multiple priorities according to clinical standards; high degree of initiative
- Self-directed; able to function independently and as a member of a team and to foster a positive work environment
- Demonstrated ability to present and document work according to standards required
- Demonstrated ability to maintain absolute confidentiality concerning patient information
- Ability to remain calm and act appropriately in emergency or life-threatening situations
- Empathy, consideration, and respect for patients and teammates
Type: Part Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 103194