This is your opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an expanding and innovative organization, and grow right along with us when you apply for our Veterinary Assistant position in Lincoln, CA!
Here, you can build an amazing career from your passion for helping animals and find satisfaction in knowing you have made an indelible mark on your community by improving the lives of pets and their people. We are a reputable organization where you can feel a sense of pride and learn new on-the-job skills as you advance your Veterinary Assistant career. We offer our team members a great work/life balance plus generous perks and benefits that include healthcare, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, paid time off, and a matched 401k.
Make the move toward career success! Apply for our Veterinary Assistant job opening today.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Veterinary Assistant job responsibilities include:
- Following clear guidelines, make rooms ready for patients
- Recognize and take the necessary next steps to prevent the spread of various types of diseases and infections
- Help subdue animals during certain procedures in a calm and safe manner
- Ensure precise medical information is recorded during examinations
- Set up exam rooms and surgery suites with the necessary equipment; assist with prescriptions
- Gather vital signs, labs and other necessary information; make ready vaccinations and preventative medications
Veterinary Assistant required skills & qualifications include:
- High school graduate or GED certification
- One (1) year minimum experience as a veterinary technician or assistant
- Skilled communicator
- Proficient in English, both written and spoken
- Customer service, animal care and restraint knowledge
- Experience with venipuncture, IV catheter placement, labwork, radiology, and pharmacology highly preferred
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 29007