Why You’ll Love This Veterinary Assistant Job at Regal Veterinary Clinic in Spokane, WA!
Are you looking to build a satisfying and lucrative career with your passion and love for animals? Looking to learn new, on-the-job skills alongside an organization looking to contribute to your success? Trying to find a great work/life balance with perks and benefits? Than you are the perfect fit for one of our Veterinary Assistant positions!
We are currently looking for a full-time experience Veterinary Assistant.
Join us as you get in on the ground floor of a growing and innovating organization and feel empowered as you leave an indelible mark on your community!
Veterinary Assistant Responsibilities
- Clean and straighten exam rooms to prepare for incoming patients following OSHA guidelines
- Be familiar with infectious and common zoonotic diseases; including prevention, and the steps to reduce or eliminate transmission
- Assist in restraining pets in a manner that allows necessary procedures to be done with minimal stress to patients, and ensure safety of patients and people
- Take accurate notes and medical history of patients in exam rooms for doctors
- Anticipate the needs of the doctor for routine exam/surgery visits; follow doctors request to fill or refill medications
- Take temperatures, samples, vitals as requested by doctor; draw up vaccines, flea/tick medication/prevention, etc.
Veterinary Assistant Qualifications
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience as a veterinary technician or assistant required
- Excellent communication skills
- Possess a good attitude and contribute to a positive work environment
- Strong English — written and verbal language skills
- Animal care, restraints, client/customer interaction experience
- Experience with venipuncture, IV catheter placement, labwork, radiology, and pharmacology highly preferred
Type: Part Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 51091