Berry Hill Veterinary Center is in search of a PAW-sitively awesome Veterinary Technician! Licensed Technicians are preferred but non-licensed technicians with substantial experience are highly encouraged to apply!
We are a full-service animal hospital providing comprehensive pet healthcare services in Oregon City, Oregon that serves clients from all over the Willamette Valley and greater Portland metro area. Our dedicated team of veterinary professionals offer a wide variety of medical, surgical and dental services. Our veterinary hospital has advanced equipment and technology, including comprehensive in-house testing for accurate diagnosis, digital x-ray, well-equipped surgical and dental suite, laser therapy, ultrasound, and a well-stocked pharmacy. Our team also offers integrative medicine with acupuncture therapy as well as advanced orthopedic procedures such as TPLOs. We are committed to providing quality care at every stage of your pet’s life. From routine preventive care to early detection and treatment of a wide range of conditions and diseases, we have the expertise to provide the highest standard of care for your pet.
We are an experienced multi-doctor practice and our Veterinary Technicians are an integral part of our hospital team and success! We pride ourselves on having a positive team environment, professional and experienced support staff, and solid leadership.
Schedule: Full-time or Part-time
The ideal Veterinary Technician will be a driver of hospital procedures and workflow, focusing on creating an outstanding customer service experience and taking pride in offering unmatched compassionate care. You will establish a movement of patients and clients through appointments and procedures. Your ability to educate and communicate effectively with both clients and your team are crucial!
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Proficiency in phlebotomy, catheter placement, anesthesia monitoring, dental prophies
- Perform quality full body and dental radiographs for subsequent evaluation by DVMs
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills with coworkers and clients
- Obtain and record patient history and client communication in a professional, detailed manner
- Provide surgical discharges and home care instructions to clients after patient procedures
- High school diploma or equivalent
- For Technicians who are certified, an Oregon License/Certification is required. New graduates are encouraged to apply!
- For experienced candidates who are not certified, working towards licensure is encouraged and supported and Tuition Assistance for Penn Foster is available for qualified candidates
- Ability to assist in animal restraint, lift up to 40 lbs., and work on your feet all day
What’s in it for you?
- Signing bonus for Certified or Licensed Veterinary Technicians
- Great Compensation Package
- Ideal Work Schedule and Paid Time Off
- 401(k) With employer match
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-term Disability & Life Insurance
- If not licensed, tuition assistance for Penn Foster program available to qualified candidates
- Career growth opportunities
- Continuing Education allowance and annual Licensure reimbursement
- Generous Pet care discount
- Company paid Employee Assistance Program
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 30729