Hometown Animal Hospital is in search of a PAW-sitively awesome Veterinary Technician! Certified Technicians are preferred but non-certified technicians with experience are highly encouraged to apply!
We are a full-service animal hospital providing comprehensive pet healthcare services in Prineville, Oregon. Our dedicated team of veterinary professionals offer a wide variety of medical, surgical and dental services including advanced orthopedic surgical treatments including TPLO and TTA procedures. Our veterinary hospital has advanced equipment and technology, including comprehensive in-house lab testing for accurate diagnosis, digital x-ray, well-equipped surgical and dental suite, ultrasound, and a well-stocked pharmacy. We are committed to providing quality care at every stage of our patient’s life. From routine preventive care to early detection and treatment of a wide range of conditions and diseases, we have the expertise to provide the highest standard of care for your pet. We also serve clients from Madras, Redmond, Bend and outlying Central Oregon areas.
We are an experienced multi-doctor practice and our Veterinary Technicians are an integral part of our hospital team and success! We pride ourselves on having a positive team environment, professional and experienced support staff, and solid leadership.
Our website: https://www.hometownvet.net/our-practice/
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Schedule: Full-time or Part-time
The ideal Veterinary Technician will be a driver of hospital procedures and workflow, focusing on creating an outstanding customer service experience and taking pride in offering unmatched compassionate care. You will establish a movement of patients and clients through appointments and procedures. Your ability to educate and communicate effectively with both clients and your team are crucial!
- Proficiency in phlebotomy, catheter placement, anesthesia monitoring, dental prophies
- Perform quality full body and dental radiographs for subsequent evaluation by DVMs
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills with coworkers and clients
- Obtain and record patient history and client communication in a professional, detailed manner
- Provide surgical discharges and home care instructions to clients after patient procedures
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Veterinary Technician Certification (CVT) preferred in Oregon or pending credentials within 3-6 months.
- Candidates who do not possess certification but have relevant experience and strong desire to become certified within 2-3 years are encouraged to apply.Tuition Assistance for Penn Foster Veterinary Technician program is available for qualified candidates.
- Ability to assist in animal restraint, lift up to 40 lbs., and work on your feet all day
About the Employer: This hospital is owned and operated by People Pets & Vets. At our hospitals, our Veterinarians make decisions about medicine and treatment choices. As an employee, you will have access to many benefits, training, and professional development opportunities.
What’s in it for you?
- Great Compensation Package
- Signing bonus for Certified Technicians
- Ideal Work Schedule and Paid Time Off
- 401(k) With employer match
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-term Disability & Life Insurance
- If not certified, tuition assistance for Penn Foster Veterinary Technician program available to qualified candidates
- Career growth opportunities
- Continuing Education allowance and annual Licensure reimbursement
- Generous Pet care discount
- Company paid Employee Assistance Program
People Pets & Vets is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. People Pets & Vets is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 44755