Not all superhero’s wear capes, but our staff at Hometown Animal Hospital wears one every day! Join a passionate bunch of rock-star veterinary professionals as a Veterinary Technician, saving the greater Prineville area, one pet at a time!
At Hometown Animal Hospital, we have an amazing state of the art facility to help our team deliver outstanding care. We believe in nurturing the human-animal bond and creating a harmonious relationship between people and their pets. We are seeking Veterinary Technicians who love to educate clients on how to best care for their pets and develop the skills and abilities of their supporting team.
We are a multi-doctor practice and our Veterinary Technicians are an integral part of our hospital team. We pride ourselves on having a positive team environment, professional and experienced support staff, and solid leadership.
Schedule: Full-time or Part-time
The ideal Veterinary Technician will be a driver of hospital procedures and workflow, focusing on creating an outstanding customer experience and taking pride in offering unmatched compassionate care. You will establish a movement of patients and clients through appointments and procedures. Your ability to educate and communicate effectively to your team and the clients are crucial for outstanding patient-care!
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Proficiency in phlebotomy, catheter placement, anesthesia monitoring, dental prophies
- Perform quality full body and dental radiographs for subsequent evaluation by DVMs
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills with coworkers and clients
- Obtain and record patient history and client communication in a professional, detailed manner
- Provide surgical discharges and home care instructions to clients after patient procedures
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Veterinary Technician Certification or License (CVT, RVT, LVT, or LVMT) preferred (but not required), valid CVT credentials in Oregon, or pending credentials within 3-6 months.
- Candidates who do not possess Veterinary Technician Certification or Licensure, but have relevant experience with a strong desire to become licensed within 2-3 years, are encouraged to apply. Tuition Assistance for the Penn Foster Veterinary Technician program is available for qualified candidates.
- Ability to assist in animal restraint, lift up to 40 lbs., and work on your feet all day
What’s in it for you?
- Signing Bonus for Certified or Licensed Veterinary Technicians
- If not licensed, tuition assistance for Penn Foster veterinary technician program available for qualified candidates
- Great Compensation Package
- Ideal work schedule and Paid Time Off
- 401(k) With employer match
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-term Disability & Life Insurance
- Career growth opportunities
- Continuing Education allowance and annual licensure reimbursement
- Pet care discount
- Company paid Employee Assistance Program
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 30231