Not all superhero’s wear capes, but we sure think our staff at Companion Pet Clinic wears one every day! Join a passionate bunch of rock-star veterinary professionals as a Veterinary Technician, saving the greater northwest Portland, Oregon area, one pet at a time!
Companion Pet Clinic is a full-service small animal pet care facility providing comprehensive veterinary services in Northwest Portland, Oregon. Our team offers a wide variety of medical, surgical and dental services. Our hospital has advanced equipment and technology, including comprehensive in-house testing for accurate diagnosis, DR flat panel digital x-ray, fully equipped surgical and dental suites, and a well-stocked pharmacy. We are committed to providing quality care at every stage of your pet’s life. From routine preventive care to early detection and treatment of a wide range of conditions and diseases, we have the expertise to provide the highest standard of care for the pets in our community. We also serve clients from Portland, St. Helens, Scappoose, and Vancouver (Washington).
We are a dedicated team of veterinary professionals and our Veterinary Technicians are an integral part of our hospital team. We pride ourselves on having a positive team environment, professional and experienced support staff, and solid leadership.
Schedule: Full-time or Part-time
The ideal Veterinary Technician candidate will be a driver of hospital procedures and workflow, focusing on creating an outstanding customer experience and taking pride in offering unmatched compassionate care. You will establish a movement of patients and clients through appointments and procedures. Your ability to educate and communicate effectively to your team and the clients are crucial for outstanding patient-care!
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Proficiency in phlebotomy, catheter placement, anesthesia monitoring, dental prophies
- Perform quality full body and dental radiographs for subsequent evaluation by DVMs
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills with coworkers and clients
- Obtain and record patient history and client communication in a professional, detailed manner
- Provide surgical discharges and home care instructions to clients after patient procedures
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Veterinary Technician Certification or License (CVT, RVT, LVT, or LVMT) preferred (but not required), valid CVT credentials in Oregon, or pending credentials within 3-6 months
- Candidates who do not possess Veterinary Technician Certification or Licensure, but have relevant experience with a strong desire to become licensed within 2-3 years, are encouraged to apply. Tuition Assistance for the Penn Foster Veterinary Technician program is available for qualified candidates.
- Ability to assist in animal restraint, lift up to 40 lbs., and work on your feet all day
What’s in it for you?
- Signing Bonus for Certified or Licensed Veterinary Technicians
- For experienced candidates who are not licensed, tuition assistance for Penn Foster veterinary technician program available for those who qualify
- Great compensation package
- Ideal work schedule and Paid Time Off
- 401(k) With employer match
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-term Disability & Life Insurance
- If not licensed, tuition assistance for Penn Foster veterinary technician program available for qualified candidates
- Career growth opportunities
- Continuing Education allowance and annual licensure reimbursement
- Pet care discount
- Company paid Employee Assistance Program
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 30233