Not all superheroes wear capes, but our staff at Columbia Veterinary Hospital wears one every day! Join a passionate bunch of rock-star veterinary professionals as a Veterinary Technician, saving the greater St. Helens, Oregon area, one pet at a time!
At Columbia Veterinary Hospital, we believe in nurturing the human-animal bond and creating a harmonious relationship between people and their pets. We are a full-service hospital with modern equipment and technology including electronic records, in-house diagnostic analyzers, digital full body and dental x-ray, fully equipped surgical and dental suites, and a fully stocked pharmacy. We are seeking Veterinary Technicians who love to educate clients on how to best care for their pets and develop the skills and abilities of their supporting team.
We are a multi-doctor practice and our Veterinary Technicians are an integral part of our hospital team. We pride ourselves on having a positive team environment, professional and experienced support staff, and solid leadership.
Our website: https://www.columbiavetclinicoregon.com/
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Schedule: Full-time or Part-time
The ideal Veterinary Technician will be a driver of hospital procedures and workflow, focusing on creating an outstanding customer experience and taking pride in offering unmatched compassionate care. You will establish a movement of patients and clients through appointments and procedures. Your ability to educate and communicate effectively to your team and the clients are crucial for outstanding patient-care!
· Proficiency in phlebotomy, catheter placement, anesthesia monitoring, dental prophies
· Perform quality full body and dental radiographs for subsequent evaluation by DVMs
· Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills with coworkers and clients
· Obtain and record patient history and client communication in a professional, detailed manner
· Provide surgical discharges and home care instructions to clients after patient procedures
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Veterinary Technician Certification or License (CVT, RVT, LVT, or LVMT) preferred (but not required), valid CVT credentials in Oregon, or pending credentials within 3-6 months
· Candidates who do not possess Veterinary Technician Certification or Licensure, but have relevant experience with a strong desire to become licensed within 2-3 years, are encouraged to apply. Tuition Assistance for the Penn Foster Veterinary Technician program is available for qualified candidates.
· Ability to assist in animal restraint, lift up to 40 lbs., and work on your feet all day
What’s in it for you?
· Great Compensation Package
· Ideal work schedule and Paid Time Off
· 401(k) With employer match
· Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-term Disability & Life Insurance
· If not licensed, tuition assistance for Penn Foster veterinary technician program available for qualified candidates
· Career growth opportunities
· Continuing Education allowance and annual licensure reimbursement
· Pet care discount
· Company paid Employee Assistance Program
About the Employer: This hospital is owned and operated by People Pets & Vets. At our hospitals, our team supports the Veterinarians role in making decisions about medicine and treatment choices. As an employee, you will have access to many benefits, training, and professional development.
People Pets & Vets is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. People Pets & Vets is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 30232