Why You’ll Love This Job
The Vice President of Pharmacy Operations oversees all aspects of Prism Health North Texas’ (PHNTX) retail pharmacy program, including 340B program compliance, contract pharmacy optimization, co-located pharmacy operations, and clinical pharmaceutical procurement, storage, and tracking.
Prism Health North Texas participates in the 340B Drug Program as both a Ryan White and STD program grantee/sub-grantee across five clinic locations in Dallas, TX. The organization partners with a wide variety of contract pharmacies, which include pharmacies co-located with clinic locations, retail, specialty, and mail order. PHNTX is also looking into opening its own independent pharmacy with locations at each community health center.
The Vice President of Pharmacy Operations will work closely with Compliance, IT, Medical, and Finance leadership to ensure the highest program integrity, standards, utilization, and medication management across the organization. The Vice President of Pharmacy Operations performs monthly, quarterly, and annual internal analysis and reporting of the program, and coordinates external audit requests.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Specific Responsibilities of the Job:
- Serves as Primary Contact (PC) to the HRSA Office of Pharmacy Affairs (OPAIS) 340B database for all active PHNTX 340B ID numbers. The Director of Pharmacy is responsible for OPAIS maintenance and annual recertification.
- Work closely with Executive Leadership to develop and implement an overall pharmacy strategy, including planning and opening new independently owned pharmacy locations.
- Collaborates with Prism leadership, clinic administrators, and medical staff to ensure coordinated medication procurement, storage, safe use, and disposal procedures across practice sites.
- Develops and maintaining ongoing organization-wide 340B staff education to promote 340B program awareness and compliance. medication safety
- Serves as a liaison between Prism leadership and pharmacy vendors, including wholesalers, Third Party Administrators (TPAs), contract pharmacies, and auditors.
- Monitors adherence of contract pharmacies to PHNTX’s sliding fee scale and Dallas LPAP formulary. Requests formulary additions, deletions, and fee-structure improvements, as needed.
- Monitors prescribing practices of PHNTX providers, as well as new drug trials and approvals to assess therapeutic and service line development opportunities.
- Works closely with IT department database managers to ensure accurate and timely file transfers, as applicable.
- Serves as the subject matter expert regarding grant-conferred 340B eligibility of healthcare delivery sites, patients, and prescribers. In conjunction with Legal and Compliance staff, develops and executes a robust, ongoing internal compliance program to prevent 340B diversion and duplicate discounts with Medicaid, while maintaining auditable records.
- Works closely with Legal and Compliance staff to ensure compliance with federal, state and local pharmacy regulations and relevant grant and accreditation requirements.
- Manages and serves as administrator of EMR interfaces and contract pharmacy/wholesaler portals to ensure uninterrupted data exchange and timely processing of eligible claims.
- Works closely with Finance staff to create revenue projection and other detailed analysis-based reports based on current prescribing practices, 340B price fluctuations, marketplace availability, and new drug approvals.
- Actively pursues continuing education, remains diligently abreast of 340B regulatory developments (HRSA/OPA), organizational grants, manufacturer restrictions, and applicable policy at the state and national level,
- Develops, maintains, and revises Pharmacy/340B Policy and Procedures as needed. Performs a complete review of Policies and Procedures on an annual basis.
- Obtains/maintains Texas Class D pharmacy licensure at Prism Clinic locations and implements/oversees ongoing the quality assurance of the licensees.
- Pharmacy/340B Coordinator
- Pharmacy Directors of each location
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Expert knowledge of the Federal 340B Drug Program, including pharmacy revenue cycle management
- Must be highly organized and capable of successfully balancing multiple competing demands simultaneously.
- Must exhibit a high degree of professionalism, characterized by initiative, sound independent judgement, and ethical standards.
Education and Experience:
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) from an ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy preferred. Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy with equivalent experience may be considered.
- Current pharmacist license in good standing
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a pharmacy setting, with a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in 340B program management
- Experience managing multiple pharmacy locations, including opening new pharmacy sites strongly required.
- Experience managing pharmacy staff including pharmacy directors.
- ASHP-accredited PGY-1 residency strongly preferred
- Clinical research experience (ACRP certification preferred)
- AAHIVP certification preferred
- 340B ACE certification preferred
Type: Full Time (Salaried)
Job ID: 113836