Why You’ll Love This Job
Are you looking for flexibility and for the opportunity to make a difference? Our Youth Support Partners serve as mentors and guides to teens who’ve experienced trauma and family displacement. They serve as part of our child welfare teams to support their work as they strive to give these teens a voice and choice while finding their future home. Thompson is looking for Youth Support Partners (YSP) to serve ALL these county: Buncombe, Henderson, McDowell, and Haywood.
Why Join Us?
Thompson Child & Family Focus is the leading provider of clinical and prevention services for children and families across the Carolinas and Florida. The Charlotte, NC-based, nationally accredited nonprofit agency empowers children and families through therapy, education, and prevention-based care. Thompson has multiple campuses specializing in clinical and behavioral treatment, developmental education, and proactive care.
Thompson offers a competitive benefits package to eligible employees, including:
- Health Benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance options)
- 401K Retirement
- Paid Time Off
- Multiple pathways for upward mobility within the agency
- High quality technology for staff including iPhones, Tablets & Laptops
- Performance based bonuses
- Paid Time Off specific for Volunteerism in the community
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Youth Support Partner’s primary purpose is to provide support, guidance, mentoring, advocacy, and empowerment to the youth assigned to their caseload.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Participate in community meetings to serve as a conduit of the wraparound process and share the ongoing successes and challenges of NC Wraparound with the community at large.
- Educates youth, families, providers and the community about the Wraparound process
- Provides education and assistance in navigating the child serving systems (child welfare, education, behavioral/mental health, juvenile justice, primary care, etc.)
- Supports others working with the youth to understand youth culture
- Assists the youth to understand and express their needs, goals and decisions
- Models effective behavior for the youth to show a pattern of having healthy relationships with others. Shows positive and healthy responses to stress and conflict, and demonstrating positive social skills are other indications of role modeling while instilling hope
- Helps the youth learn self-advocacy skills to articulate his/her talents and strengths, get involved in positive activities where they can succeed and consider the pros and cons and the reasons of their actions
- Promotes and strengthens healthy relationships that will help support and develop the youths’ social skills and social environment
- Attends appropriate meetings as requested by the youth and caregiver(s)/parent(s), ensure preparation prior to meetings occurs and support during the meeting, as needed
- Completes all required reports and other paperwork as directed
- Honors confidentiality requirements and limitations
- Works in collaboration with Wraparound Coach/Supervisor and Wraparound Facilitator to strengthen Wraparound Team rapport and overcome challenges
- Bachelor’s degree in human services field and one year of experience working with target population
- Associate degree in human service field with 2 years of experience working with children/adolescents/transition age youth
- Must have lived experience as a parent/caregiver of a child who has received services (clinical/preventative services, DJJ, educational services, etc.)
- A valid NC driver’s license, at least 3 years of driving with a driver’s license and clean driving record are required. All potential job candidates must pass a drug screening test, and an extensive background check is required.
Apply today at: https://thompsoncffjobs.com/
Thompson is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Type: Full Time (Hourly)
Job ID: 101791